Statement of Circumstances
This Sydney to South Coast New South Wales Region Milk Supply Agreement is for the supply period commencing on or after 1 July 2022 to 31 August 2023 or 31 August 2024, at the election of the farmer and applies to farmers with a dairy farm located in the following milk pick up regions who will supply us on either an exclusive or non-exclusive basis and otherwise meet the Statement of Circumstances below.
Milk Volume Required: 30ML in total for New South Wales
Milk pick up Regions: Dairy farms located in New South Wales within:
- A region within the following borders: a straight line (West to East) from the coast to our Penrith site at 2257 Castlereagh Rd Penrith 2750; a line from our Penrith Site down to Bowral, a line from Bowral to Nowra and then a straight line from Nowra directly East to the coast; or
- A 30km radius of Bowral town centre; or
- A 20km radius of Nowra town centre;
Statement of Circumstances:
- Current Dairy Food Safety Licence
- Compliance with legislation in relation to milk production, including environmental/effluent management and animal welfare
- Historic compliance with the quality standards and quality assurance program of a member of the Bega Cheese Group* or proof of compliance with another processor’s quality standards and program
- Commitment to Occupational Health and Safety for the staff and contractors of the Bega Cheese Group*
- Safe and efficient tanker access and logistically efficient collection for the Bega Cheese Group
- Ability to supply Bega with an annual volume greater than 750,000 litres;
- Ability to supply milk of Grade 1 quality (TPC <10,000 cfu/mL and SCC <200,000 cells/ml);
- Sufficient production capacity for a minimum milk collection of 1,800 litres per pickup on a “skip a day” basis (milk no more than 48hrs old)
- Meets assessment and verification checks
- At the time the farmer offers to enter into this agreement, Bega has not already entered into sufficient milk supply agreements to meet its demand for milk.
- If the supply of milk exceeds Bega’s demand, priority will be given to existing suppliers to Bega and those suppliers who want to supply Bega on an exclusive basis.
* Bega Cheese Group means Bega Cheese Limited and its subsidiaries, including Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd and BDD Australia Pty Ltd.