Statement of Circumstances
This Tatura Region Milk Supply Agreement is for the supply period commencing on or after 27 June 2022 to 30 June 2023 and applies to farmers with a dairy farm located in the following milk pick up regions who will supply us on either an exclusive or non-exclusive basis and otherwise meet the Statement of Circumstances below.
Milk pick up Regions: Local Government Areas; Victoria Greater Shepparton, Moira, Campaspe, Gannawarra (east of Kerang), Wangaratta, Indigo, Ballarat. Southern NSW specifically; Murray, Berrigan, Corowa.
Milk Volume Required: 150ML
- Current Dairy Licence
- Compliance with legislation in relation to milk production, including environmental/effluent management and animal welfare
- Historic compliance with the quality standards and quality assurance program of a member of the Bega Cheese Group* or proof of compliance with another processor’s quality standards and program
- Commitment to Occupational Health and Safety for the staff and contractors of the Bega Cheese Group*
- Safe and efficient tanker access and logistically efficient collection for the Bega Cheese Group
- Sufficient production capacity for a minimum milk collection of 500L (milk no more than 48hrs old)
- Meets assessment and verification checks
- At the time the farmer offers to enter into this agreement, Bega has not already entered into sufficient milk supply agreements to meet its demand for milk.
- If the supply of milk exceeds Bega’s demand, priority will be given to existing suppliers to Bega and those suppliers who want to supply Bega on an exclusive basis.
* Bega Cheese Group means Bega Cheese Limited and its subsidiaries, including Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd and BDD Australia Pty Ltd.