Statement of Circumstances
Bega Southern – South East of South Australia and Victoria (excluding Northern Victoria)
This Bega Southern Milk supply Agreement is for the supply period commencing on or after 28 June 2021 to 26 June 2022 and applies to farmers with a dairy farm located in the following milk pick up regions who meet the Statement of Circumstances below.
Milk pick up Regions: Local Government Areas of Gippsland specifically; Wellington, Latrobe, Baw Baw, South Gippsland, Bass Coast (east of San Remo), Cardinia, Yarra Ranges and a 30km radius of Orbost in East Gippsland. Western Districts specifically; Colac Otway (25km radius of Colac township), Corangamite, Moyne, Warrnambool, Glenelg, Southern Grampians. South Australia specifically; Grant and Wattle Range (south of Lucindale).
Milk Volume Required: 300ML
Statement of circumstances;
- Current Dairy Food Safety Licence
- Compliance with legislation in relation to milk production, including environmental/effluent management and animal welfare
- Historic compliance with Bega Cheese, Tatura Milk Industries or BDD (formerly LD&D Australia Pty Ltd) quality standards and quality assurance program or proof of compliance with another processor’s quality standards and program
- Commitment to Occupational Health and Safety for Bega Cheese, Tatura Milk Industries, and BDD farm staff and contractors
- Safe and efficient tanker access and logistically efficient collection for Bega Cheese or BDD
- Sufficient production capacity for a minimum milk collection 500L (milk no more 48hrs old)
- Meets assessment and verification checks
- At the time the farmer offers to enter into this agreement, Bega has not already entered into sufficient milk supply agreements to meet its demand for milk