Our Human Resource Goals
As the recruitment and selection process can affect the efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation, its image as an employer and its ability to attract quality staff, our policies and procedures reflect good Human Resources practices with the following objectives:
- To be respectful of the applicant and to treat with confidentiality all applications for employment.
- To provide evidence of the required capabilities; to be transparent, equitable, timely and effective in meeting the business needs of the company.
1. Initial application
When applying for an advertised position with Bega, we recommend the following:
- Read the position details carefully
- Obtain a clear understanding of the responsibilities and tasks of the position
- Ensure you comply with the mandatory or preferred qualification requirements
Your online application should also include one (1) document containing the following information:
- Introduction letter – stating the position you are applying for
- Resume – include a statement of qualifications, licenses and professional registrations, if relevant
- Key selection criteria – outline experience, knowledge, skills and personal qualities against each criterion, if relevant
2. Unsuccessful applications
If your application is unsuccessful, you will be advised by email.
3. The interview
Short listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview with a panel made up of a minimum of two people. The interview procedure at Bega uses a mixture of questions made up of:
- Information gathering – you may be asked to expand on, or clarify information included in your application and supply key background information
- Behavioural questions – you will be asked questions designed to show previous patterns of accomplishments relevant to the role
- Applicant questions – there will be an opportunity to ask questions about the role or company to help you make an informed decision about your own suitability for the position
If further assessment is required, a second interview may be arranged.
4. Pre-employment checks
If you are being considered for a position, the next step is to successfully complete pre-employment checks including the following:
- A functional capacity assessment will be conducted including drug and alcohol screen. These will be facilitated by health care professionals nominated by Bega who will assess your capacity to safely, independently and productively carry out the reasonable requirements of the position.
- Referee checks will be conducted with two or more current referees from the details you supply, preferably current and/or previous supervisor or manager.
- National Police record checks
- Additional Checks may be carried out depending on the requirements of the position. These may include:
- Aptitude testing
- Proof of identity and working status
- Professional registrations
5. Being selected
If you are the successful candidate for a position with Bega, you will be contacted with a verbal offer of employment and a formal letter of offer which will detail information including the position, title, award coverage (as applicable) and commencement date. In order to accept the position, a signed copy of the letter of offer is to be returned to Bega.
6. The induction
All new employees of Bega participate in a formal orientation program which includes an induction covering site tour, safety and quality, company policies, as well as ongoing training programs as required.