Barry Irvin – AM
Executive Chairman Bega Cheese Limited
Chairman – Giant Steps Australia
Chairman – Giant Steps Melbourne
Chairman – Stepping Stones
Barry Irvin is recognised globally for his extensive experience in the dairy industry and has been Chairman of Bega Cheese Limited since 2000. Barry’s leadership has seen Bega grow from a small regionally based dairy company to now the third largest dairy company in Australia, supplying a large range of dairy and grocery products in Australia and around the world.
Barry’s depth of knowledge of the industry includes a significant understanding of the issues affecting Australian dairy farmers, the key investments required to meet changing consumer needs and the management of long term customer relationships.
Barry was awarded the NAB Agribusiness Leader of the Year and the Rabobank Leadership Award. Barry is very aware of the importance of social responsibility, he has been Chairman of Giant Steps, an organisation providing services to children and young adults with autism since 2002. In 2008 Barry was awarded a Member of the Order of Australia for contributions to children with disability and the Australia dairy industry.
Raelene Murphy B BUS, FCA, GAICD
Chair of Audit and Risk Committee
Raelene Murphy has over 35 years’ experience in strategic, financial and operational leadership in both industry and professional advisory. In her professional advisory career, she specialised in operational and financial restructuring including merger and acquisition integration. She was formerly a Managing Director at KordaMentha and a Partner in a national accounting firm where she led the corporate turnaround practice. Her industry experience includes as CEO of the Delta Group and senior executive roles in the Mars Group. Raelene is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Richard Parbery FCPA, MAICD
Member of Audit & Risk Committee
Richard Parbery is the managing partner of a successful regional accounting practice, is a Fellow of the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants, a registered Company Auditor, registered Tax Agent, a registered Self-Managed Superannuation Fund Auditor, Justice of the Peace NSW, an External Examiner for the Law Society of NSW and a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Richard Parbery is experienced in servicing many agricultural and general business clients.
Richard also controls a large family farm on the outskirts of Bega, New South Wales.
Terry O’Brien FCPA, FAICD
Chair of the Nomination Remuneration & Human Resources Committee
Member of the Audit & Risk Committee
Terry brings to the Board a wealth of experience in the food industry, including a period of the Chairmanship of the Australian Food and Grocery Council and has been responsible for leading growth and acquisition strategies over many years in the industry.
Terry was, from 2001 until 2017, the Managing Director of Simplot Australia Pty Limited, the US owned, but Australian centric, food processor and marketer managing leading Australian brands including Birds Eye, Edgell and John West. Since announcing his retirement in early 2017, Terry has transitioned to a portfolio career and sits on a number of Australian Company Boards. An accountant by training, Terry has been active in finance and management roles in the textile industry for ten years and in the food industry for over thirty years. Terry is also Chairman of Clean Seas Seafood Ltd, Bundaberg Brewed Drinks Pty Ltd and Kookaburra Sports Pty Ltd.
Rick Cross B.Ag Sci (Hon), GAICD
Member of the Nomination Remuneration & Human Resources Committee
Rick was appointed to the Board following the merger of Bega Cheese Limited and Tatura Milk Industries.
Rick joined the TMI Board in 2003 and was heavily involved in negotiating the initial subscription by Bega of 70% shareholding in Tatura Milk. Rick also took a lead role in negotiating the scheme of arrangement for Bega to acquire the remaining 30% of Tatura Milk in December 2011.
Rick has represented dairy farmers in many various industry roles, and until recently was the Chair of Murray Dairy, Inc., a position he held for the last three years. He also owns and actively manages a progressive dairy farm in Northern Victoria.
Independent Non Executive Director
Appointed in September 2019, Patria is an experienced Non Executive Director with over 16 years Board experience across various sectors. Patria qualified as a Chartered Accountant and was a former Partner at KPMG. She currently sits on the Boards of ASX listed Event Hospitality & Entertainment and Ridley Corporation, as well as Allianz Australia. She brings strong ASX, audit, risk management and governance experience to the Board.
Patria is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.